$2500 Sign-on Bonus!
Starting Pay at $19 per Hour
We are looking for a strong Quality Inspector to join the Microbrush team at our Grafton, Wisconsin 6th Avenue location. The Quality Inspector is responsible for verifying and approving production runs; completing associated documentation; performing regular quality checks on product, performing laboratory testing on packaging, monitors compliance to GMPs, and ensures products meet specifications. In addition, follow all safety rules and company established standard operating procedures ensuring GMP standards are met.This is a rotating night shift position with the hours of 6pm to 6am.
Young Innovations is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Microbrush is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
- Responsible for all documentation for products, ensuring the documentation is filled out properly and not signed off as completed unless correct and complete.
- Complete verification check list for all process steps and testing/inspection results.
- Verify and approve production start-up on shop orders. This includes reviewing work instructions, inspecting flock or bristle heads and runner cuts, measurements are met using gauges and per finished part specifications and company quality requirements as each product requires
- Performs time based sampling of product and packaging. Tests primary packaging per established testing methods ensuring the accuracy of the measurements.
- Ensure failed material and products are properly documented and segregated to prevent from further use, document nonconformance, and communicate status with the operators and area leads.
- Ensures product, packaging and processes are meeting quality standards prior to the resumption of production.
- Perform packaging and final release inspections and ensure shop orders are properly completed
- Work closely with Lead staff to ensure finished goods receive proper inspections per policy
- Cross-train on all inspection duties and assist in training new employees
- Monitor compliance to established procedures and report findings to site leader and supervisor.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience performing sterile package testing
- Experience working in a GMP laboratory or manufacturing site desired
- Ability to execute testing methods per established testing methods.
- Ability to use basic measuring devices; complete paperwork; take directions and work in a team.
- Ability to read and follow testing methods and standard operating procedures
- Ability to operate automated testing equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer